Happy Easter! And what a beautiful Easter it has been in Fort Mill. We started the day off with church, road The Lynx uptown to meet family for lunch at Queen City Q (we’ve never been huge ham fans, but we do love a nice plate of pulled pork). As I blog we are now enjoying watching Bubba Watson make the most incredible shot out of the woods in the play-offs of the Masters while we sip on Strawberry Prosecco drinks.
I got my first batch of fresh strawberries from Springs Farm yesterday and I have a big pile of strawberry recipes to try this season. This year’s crop looks to be extra juicy and plump.
This recipe for Strawberry Prosecco Fizz is a light and refreshing drink for an Easter Brunch or any other spring occasion. Any type of sparkling wine can be substituted for the Prosecco. And….he did it….Bubba Watson wins the Masters!
Strawberry Prosecco Fizz
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (750-ml) bottle Prosecco, chilled
- Combine strawberries, mint, sugar, and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Use a spatula to press mixture through a fine-mesh sieve or strainer into a bowl.
- For each serving, spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons strawberry mixture into a small glass and top with chilled wine.
Yield: 6 servings