Looking for something to do for Father’s Day weekend? There’s plenty going on in Fort Mill and beyond. The weather forecast is calling for sunny weather with highs in the low 80s so we’ve listed plenty of outdoor activities.
1) Is Dad a sports Junkie? Take him to see the Charlotte Knights vs Indianapolis Indians at Knights Stadium in Fort Mill. The Knights are the Triple-A affiliate for the Chicago White Sox and are currently in first place in the International League South. Game takes place Sunday June 17 at 2:15pm.
2) Want some indoor water fun? Dad’s get free admission to Ray’s Splash Planet Sunday June 17th from 1-6:30pm.
3) If you’re looking for something a little more relaxing take Dad to see Pops in the Park at Symphony Park in Southpark. Pack a picnic and a bottle of wine and enjoy music under the stars. Admission is $10, children under 18 are free. Tickets sold online and over the phone until 4pm Friday. Tickets go on sale Sunday afternoon at 4pm at the park. Gates open at 5pm, prelude begins at 7pm, and Charlotte Symphony begins at 8:15.
4) Does dad love good food? Take him on a Food Tour of Davidson Saturday June 16 at 1:30. Tour lasts about 4 hours and visits 6-7 food establishments in the historic town of Davidson. Includes stops at Toast of Davidson, The Soda Shop, and Davidson Beverage Company. Visit www.tourdefood.net for more info.
5) 7th Street Public Market in Uptown Charlotte is hosting a free BBQ class with tasting. There will also be live Bluegrass music and a chance to win a CharBroil Smoker Grill Set. Takes place from 11am-2pm on Saturday June 16.
6) Treat Dad to a Brunch Buffet at the Fish Market Bar and Grill in Baxter Village, Fort Mill. Buffet takes place from 10:30-2pm on Sunday. Call for reservations 803.547.4024. Or treat Dad to some German Fare at The Waldhorn’s Father’s Day Brunch Buffet starting at 10:30am. Adults $18.95, ages 5-12 are $8.95, and kids 4 and under are free.
7) And finally, Fort Mill SC Living’s personal favorite Father’s Day weekend activity- The Inaugral Brew Stash Bash at The US National Whitewater Center, because what dad doesn’t like beer? Takes place Sat June 16 on Belmont Abbey Island in the USNWC. Beer sampling starts at 1pm, live music at 2pm. Event is free. Beer tasting $5 for 4 tickets. 1 ticket=1 sample, 4 tickets=1 pint. Many North Carolina Craft Brewers will be participating including NoDa Brewing Company, Olde Mecklenburg Brewery, Four Friends Brewing, Highland Brewing Company, Foothills Brewing, Lonerider Brewing Company, Big Boss Brewing, Birdsong Brewing Company, and more.