What a day! It was the first day of school for Fort Mill Schools AND my daughter’s thirteenth birthday. We now have two teenagers in the house. I wanted to make a special breakfast for such a special day and when I pinned this recipe for Cake Batter Pancakes on Pinterest, I knew it would be perfect for the occasion.
It’s an easy recipe to make. The only thing that sets it apart from a regular pancake recipe is the addition of 1 cup of yellow cake mix (you can use any brand) and sprinkles. Plus it calls for a vanilla glaze, similar to icing, instead of syrup. Since I’ve started a strict nutrition and exercise program, I only has one bite. It was yummy and really did taste like cake batter. I don’t know what it is about sprinkles. I can’t help but smile when I see them.
Unfortunately Madison is going through a phase where she doesn’t like her picture taken. The picture below is one of my all-time favorite pictures of her. I wish she could have stayed that age forever. She was the happiest little girl I have ever known.
Cake Batter Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Mix flour, cake mix, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, beat 2 eggs and add in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and milk.
- Add wet ingredients into dry and mix until flour is no longer visible. If batter is too thick for your liking, add a little more milk.
- Heat griddle over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray. Add sprinkles to batter and drop 1/4 cup at a time onto griddle. Cook until bubbles form and flip over. Continue to cook until bottom is browned.
- For vanilla glaze, combine powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 tablespoons softened butter in a medium bowl. Mix until smooth. Add milk until desired consistency.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe Source: Tablespoon
More Pancake Recipes