Happy October! October is the absolute best month of the year. I’m sure many of you agree with me. I love everything about the month- the cooler weather, pumpkins, falling leaves, and of course Halloween.
I no longer go all out decorating my house for Halloween like I used to, but I still like to make a few special Halloween treats throughout the month. Candy Corn is one of the few candies that doesn’t tempt me, but I love the way it looks. (Although, I must say I am tempted by this Candy Corn Martini.)
This Candy Corn-Pretzel Fudge is both easy to make and extremely festive looking. Perfect for any Halloween gathering. If you like sweet/salty combos and you like candy corn- this fudge is for you.
The original recipe from Woman’s Day had dried cherries in it too, but I couldn’t imagine cherries and candy corn tasting good together, so I left them out.
Candy Corn-Pretzel Fudge
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 cups broken pretzel pieces
- 1 cup candy corn
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper, letting paper extend up and over sides.
- Beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar using an electric mixer about 2 minutes. Mixture should be smooth. Beat in vanilla.
- In a double-boiler or a pan with a very thick bottom, melt the chocolate. Keep the heat low and stir frequently so the chocolate does not burn.
- Add melted chocolate to cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold in the pretzel pieces.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Top with candy corn. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days. Transfer to cutting board and cut into 1-inch squares.
Source: slightly adapted from Woman’s Day Magazine