One thing I do like is lots of fruit and nuts in my oatmeal. Banana Split Oatmeal, with strawberries, bananas, and toasted walnuts definitely fits that bill. The dark chocolate chips sprinkled on top are just a bonus. Big bonus.
I’ve been trying to sneak some extra protein in wherever I can since I’m trying to gain some muscle mass. Adding some protein powder to oatmeal is a good way to do this. You’ll hardly know it’s there and it helps sweeten the oatmeal some. Between the protein powder, fruit, and chocolate chips, there’s no need to add any sweetener to this oatmeal.
Banana Split not your cup of Tea? Here are some more Oatmeal Recipes:
Banana Split Oatmeal
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 a banana, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon toasted walnuts
- Bring Almond Breeze and water to a boil in a medium pot. Stir in oats and salt. Simmer for about 10 minutes. (If oatmeal is too thick for your liking, you can always stir in more almond milk.)
- Remove from heat and stir in protein powder and vanilla extract.
- Divide oatmeal between 2 bowls and top with strawberries, banana, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
Yield: 2 servings
Calories per serving: 330