Last weekend I had to make some treats for a bake sale for the Dog Gone Good Times Festival benefitting the Humane Society. I tried a bunch of new recipes and these Butterfinger Cookies were hands down my favorite.
They are super easy and delicious. With only 6 ingredients, you can whip them up in a flash.
They’ll disappear even faster. You may want to make a second batch. Luckily 1 bag of fun-sized butterfingers is plenty to make 2 batches.
Buttery, chocolatey, and chewy, these cookies are sure to tempt both kids and adults alike. Go ahead and buy an extra bag of butterfingers when you do your halloween candy shopping. Chocolate Chip Cookies shouldn’t always get the spotlight.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 8 fun-sized Butterfinger candy bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour,baking soda, and salt in a small bowl
- Beat sugar and butter using an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in Butterfinger pieces by hand. Dough will be very thick.
- Drop by slightly rounded tablespoon fulls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes and let cool several minutes on baking sheets before transferring to baking racks.
Yield: 2 dozen
Recipe source: Sally’s Baking Addiction