I once scoffed at the thought of allowing a jar of sprinkles to have shelf space in my pantry, finding them childish and immature. Coldstone Creamery’s Birthday Cake Remix ice cream has turned me into a huge fan of cake batter flavored anything and, I am almost hesitant to admit, a fan of sprinkles too.
I am now a believer, actively searching for recipes that might benefit from a slight, or maybe generous, sprinkle of these vibrant, fun pieces.
These Cake Batter Blondies get rave reviews. If you make them you are sure to get many complements as well as a few inquiries as to what exactly they are. They have a very unique taste and most people don’t seem quite sure how to classify them. Don’t let the sprinkles fool you. You’ll find adults like their chewy, gooey goodness as much as kids.
Cake Batter Blondies (recipe source- Girl Meets Life)
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, oil, and egg in a large bowl.
- Gradually add milk as you stir the mixture together. You can add up to 1/2 cup of milk but you want the mixture to be dense.
- Mix in sprinkles (saving a few for the top) and white chocolate chips.
- Pour into a 8×8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with a few more sprinkles and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and set before cutting into squares. The edges tend to poof up and develop a more cake-like flavor than the center which stays gooey and chewy.