Kids always seem to love holiday-themed food and the sillier the better. A plate full of Candy Corn Quesadillas as an afternoon snack is sure to delight any child.
These Quesadillas are Ooey, Gooey, Cheesey goodness with cheese on the inside and more cheese on the outside. The crunch of the crushed chips on the outside is amazing.
Be sure to use a shredded cheese that is more yellow than orange in color. The chicken and corn in the filling really make this a hearty, filling snack or lunch, that at least has a little nutrition.
More Candy Corn recipes
Candy Corn Quesadillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup jarred salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons Vegetable oil
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 jar salsa con queso dip, warmed
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups crushed nacho tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- In a medium saucepan, heat the first 5 ingredients.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil in nonstick skillet. Place a tortilla in skillet and sprinkle with a light layer of cheese. Spread 1/4 of chicken mixture on top and sprinkle with another light layer of cheese. Top with second tortilla. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Brush top tortilla with Vegetable oil and flip. Spread a light layer of queso over top of quesadilla. Sprinkle cheese around outside of tortilla. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes, until cheese begins to melt.
- Place quesadilla on a cutting board. Sprinkle crushed chips over middle. Cut into 6 wedges and dollop sour cream on the tip of each piece.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Yield: 4 Quesadillas
Recipe Source: adapted from Taste of Home