This meal makes me think of warm weather and reminds me how happy I am that summer is just right around the corner. Saturday’s weather forecast is calling for a high of 75 degrees Saturday in Fort Mill. WooHoo! Get out the flip-flops!
I love the bright colors of the lemon and the roasted red pepper hummus.
Speaking of hummus, it’s one of my favorite foods to eat when I’m really focused on loosing weight and dropping a few pounds. Not only is it packed with nutrition, but it’s a great sub for high fat and calorie condiments and dips.
Dip these grilled chunks of lean chicken breast in the roasted red pepper hummus and your taste buds will be as happy as if you’re eating a red pepper cream sauce. It’s delicious.
Not in the mood for Red Pepper Hummus? Try one of these other hummus recipes.
|Chicken Kabobs with Roasted Red Pepper Hummus|| |
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 wooden skewers soaked in water
- Combine garbanzo beans, red peppers, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, olive oil, salt, cayenne pepper, and chipotle chili powder in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes and place in a ziptop bag with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and minced garlic clove. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and thread chicken onto skewers. Cook 10-12 minutes, turning frequently.