Some days you just need something to satisfy your sweet tooth or peanut butter craving. Today was one of those days for me. This morning was my chest and back day with my personal trainer. I don’t so much like the chest part of chest and back day. It’s all I can do not to cry when Emmett tells me 10 more push ups. And this is after we’ve already been through several cycles of push ups along with a gazillion other chest exercises. (OK- before you start to think I’m some kind of fitness warrior, I’m going to fess up to doing girlie push ups, with my knees down. If I can ever do real push ups, I will feel like I have climbed Mt Everest. My body is just so not designed for such things. Now I can rock the leg exercises and the core exercises, but my upper body… not so much.)
But all the pain is worth it because in just 7 short weeks, I almost don’t recognize my upper body.
After such a hard workout, I’m sometimes inclined to treat myself- just a little bit. I don’t want to overdo it and cancel out all my hard work. This snack is the perfect sweet treat, plus it’s easy to prepare and your kids will love it.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Gramwiches
- 2 whole chocolate graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fat-free whipped topping
- Break each graham cracker in half.
- Mix together peanut butter and whipped topping in a bowl and spread half of mixture on one side of half a graham cracker. Top with other graham cracker half. Repeat to make second sandwich.
Yield: 2 servings; 125 calories per serving
Recipe Source: adapted from Biggest Loser Cookbook
More Healthy Snacks