For the last few weeks I’ve been working out with Emmitt at Faith Fitness Studio. Emmett pushes me harder than I’ve ever been pushed. I was actually fighting back tears one workout. Fortunately, I had so much sweat dripping down my face, I don’t think he could tell.
I’ve been trying to add more protein to my daily food intake since I’ve been putting my muscles to the test. Because there’s only so much grilled chicken I can eat, I find using whey protein powder is an easy way to get the extra protein in. Usually I just make a shake with the protein powder, but sometimes I add it to muffins or pancakes.
This Cinnamon Apple Protein Pancake recipe not only is loaded with protein, but it has a lot of great flavors going on too. Sweet-tartness from the apples and just the right amount of spice. The ingredient list is pretty long, but you just dump everything in a bowl and stir, so it comes together very quickly.
Here are a few more pancake recipes:
Ellie Krieger’s Whole Wheat Pancakes with Nutty Topping- LOVE,LOVE these pancakes!
Cornmeal Pancakes- Nice and fluffy, without the grit
Whole Wheat Pancakes- dense, hardy pancakes that will keep you full
Cinnamon Apple Protein Pancakes
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking stevia
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sugar free syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until smooth.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Pour batter onto skillet to form 3-inch round pancakes. Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles form. Flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Keep warm until ready to serve. Serve with sugar free syrup.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
Recipe Source: adapted from Muscle and Fitness Hers