I’ve always loved a Greek Salad. Feta Cheese and Kalamata Olives? Yum! Fortunately, Greek Salads can be very healthy and low-calorie so long as you go easy with the cheese and vinaigrette.
This recipe is a slightly different twist on the normal Greek Salad. It has tuna and whole grain couscous in it, both of which help turn the salad into a main dish kind of salad.
Greek Salad with Couscous and Tuna
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes.
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced red or yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup cooked whole grain couscous
- 1 tablespoon crumbled reduced-fat Feta cheese
- 6 Kalamata olives
- 1 (3-ounce) pack water-packed tuna
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, yellow pepper, red onion, couscous. Sprinkle with Feta cheese and olives and top with tuna.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mint, oregano, and salt and pepper. Whisk well and pour on top of salad.
Yield: 1 serving; calories- 365
Recipe Source: adapted from Fitness