I’m usually not a huge fan of wraps, but this one really hits the spot. It’s stuffed full of grilled chicken with a cabbage/mango mixture tossed in a spicy soy dressing. I used whole wheat low carb tortillas from Trader Joes and they were super delicious and only 45 calories each.
The mango is probably my favorite part of this wrap. I love its super sweet flavor, especially when paired with a spicy sauce. Mangos are an excellent source of Vitamin A and a good source of potassium, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E.
For lots more healthy recipe ideas, be sure to follow FMSC Living on Pinterest.
Spicy Mango Chicken Wraps
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- olive oil cooking spray
- 3 cups shredded Napa Cabbage
- 1/2 mango, peeled and sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, green parts only
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 8-inch low-carb whole wheat tortillas
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken to taste with salt and pepper and mist with cooking spray. Grill chicken 6 to 7 minutes per side, or until cooked all the way through. Let cool and then thinly slice.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, mango, green onions, and peanuts. (if you are going to save some as leftovers, you might rather withhold the peanuts and add to each serving as you prepare it so they don’t get soggy.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, Sriracha sauce, and sesame oil. Drizzle over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Place about 3-4 slices of chicken on each tortilla, top with cabbage/mango mixture and roll up.
Yield: 4 servings
Calories per serving- 282
Recipe Source: adapted from Clean Eating Jan/Feb 2013
More Healthy Recipes with Mango