I don’t know about you, but a day after Thanksgiving I am ready for some lighter fare. Enough with the casseroles, cakes, pies, and cookies. I’m craving foods that are light and healthy.
Red Pepper Jelly is one of my favorite condiments. The sweet-spicy contrast that I love in foods is really present in Red Pepper Jelly. There are so many things you can do with it besides spread it on top of a block of cream cheese. It makes a wonderful sandwich spread or salad dressing.
With its red color, it’s perfect for the Christmas season especially when paired with pistachios, which always remind me of Christmas. Add in some Gorgonzola cheese and you have a wonderful medley of flavors.
More Recipes using Red Pepper Jelly
Spinach, Gorgonzola, and Pistachio Salad with Red Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup red pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 slice of red onion, separated into rings
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2 moon shapes
- 1/4 cup crumbles Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup dry roasted pistachios
- Place red pepper jelly into a glass measuring cup and microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds. Add cider vinegar, olive oil, sugar, salt, and pepper and whisk until blended. Cool to room temp.
- Place spinach, onion, cucumber, and cheese in a large bowl and toss. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with pistachios.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Cooking Light Nov 2008