Sweet Potato Fries are my ultimate weakness. It’s absolutely tortuous that so many restaurants serve them now. Of course the deep-fried variety are my favorite. They develop such a wonderful exterior crispness on the outside while staying nice and moist inside. I also really adore baked sweet potato fries which are a nice healthy snack.
Unfortunately this recipe does not fall under the healthy snack category. Wrapped in bacon, these sweet potato fries are the ultimate sweet/salty snack. I can eat these things like candy.
I tried to share them with my family. Really I did. But they didn’t get many.
This recipe is so simple with just 2 ingredients. It’s hard to believe that something so simple can taste so good. But the best things in life are usually simple.
Sweet Potato Fries Wrapped with Bacon
- 1 large sweet potato or 2 medium
- 8 ounces of bacon (not thick cut)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut each piece of bacon in half lengthwise and then in half widthwise so you can wrap 4 sweet potato sticks with what was 1 piece of bacon.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into thin strips, no bigger than the width of your pinkie finger.
- Starting at one end of sweet potato stick wrap bacon around, stretching bacon a little if needed to make it to the other end.
- Place on baking sweets, leaving some space in between fries.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes. Sweet potatoes should be soft at this point. If not cook longer.
- Turn oven to broil just for a very short time to help bacon crisp up some, but careful not to burn. (Obviously if you have 2 baking sheets in the oven, you will have to get the top baking sheet crisp, remove it from oven and place bottom sheet under the broiler.)
Yield: enough for 4 snacks or 1 extreme sweet potato lover
More Sweet Potato Recipes