Fort Mill Schools have been out for a full week and we haven’t yet fully transitioned into a summer schedule. Not that we really ever have a schedule in the summer. We do try to spend time each week at our community pool during the summer. It’s a wonderful way to meet other people in the neighborhood.
Occasionally we are known to take a cocktail in a plastic cup to the pool- and trust me- we’re not the only ones. When I saw this recipe for Peach Mojitos in Southern Living Magazine, I knew I had to try it right away. It’s the perfect poolside cocktail- sweet, minty, and refreshing. We are fortunate that local peaches are so plentiful and there’s no excuse to not try them in new and creative ways.
- 3-4 medium peaches (unpeeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 4 cups chilled club soda
- 2 cups white rum
- Place first 3 ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Muddle mint leaves against bottom of a glass pitcher.
- Add club soda, rum, and peach mixture.
- Stir to combine and serve over ice.